Monday, January 30, 2012

Go-To Books for Architects and Designers - 30 January 2012

For the next installment in my list of go-to books for architects and designers, I offer Architect's Handbook of Construction Detailing, by David Kent Ballast. 



Here, Ballast, who has also authored numerous ARE study guides (including the ones that helped me study for my exams), presents a fairly exhaustive series of construction details ranging from concrete and masonry to doors and windows, and finish details.  Additionally, each component is listed by CSI number, which helps the architect create  list of specifications necessary for the detail and for the project.  What keeps this book from being just a series of details is with each detail, Ballast lists not only the individual components of the detail but also detailing considerations, required coordination and things like likely failure points.  The nerd in me jumps in joy at each detail!


No comments:

Post a Comment